Print Page | Close Window

Morrell in.

Printed From: Tamworth Fans Forum
Category: Fans' Forum
Forum Name: TFC Fans Forum
Forum Description: Anything goes in here!
URL: http://www.tamworthfans.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=882
Printed Date: 20 Jul 2018 at 9:43am


Topic: Morrell in.
Posted By: Coton1Tam
Subject: Morrell in.
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:01pm
In the play-offs ...  above bigger clubs like Stockport, York, Kidderminster, Darlington

nice one Andy. 



Replies:
Posted By: Footy Dave
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:39pm
love it. But how would you be feeling had we lost again?.

-------------
Footy Dave   


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:48pm
[QUOTE=Coton1Tam] above bigger clubs like Stockport, York, Kidderminster, Darlington



And below smaller teams like Harrogate - Blyth- Brackley- Spennymoor- and Chorley - some may have bigger budgets but hey who's fault is that - and by the way thats in response to your obvious retort Coton


Posted By: Coton1Tam
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

[QUOTE=Coton1Tam] above bigger clubs like Stockport, York, Kidderminster, Darlington



And below smaller teams like Harrogate - Blyth- Brackley- Spennymoor- and Chorley - some may have bigger budgets but hey who's fault is that - and by the way thats in response to your obvious retort Coton
And also some of whom are full time


Posted By: ChrisLamb
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:58pm
Good work Mr Morrell! 


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm
[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]And also some of whom are full time[/QUOTE]
Not sure that makes a beat of a difference mate - look at so many teams who've have beaten in past few seasons and today - we play and beat full-time teams on a regular basis. Record against part-time rubbish just look at last few home games or just maybe you have forgotten that
-


Posted By: Coton1Tam
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
Not on about records against full or part time teams  Argus .. on about the fact, they deserve credit for being above them
Would rather be on our position with AM, top seven and building something, than, say FT Nuneaton  with  their new boss Mama Mia, or whatever his name is 
I'll enjoy tonight .. if you want to carry on moaning about AM, you  go for it Thumbs Up


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Coton1Tam Coton1Tam wrote:

Not on about records against full or part time teams  Argus .. on about the fact, they deserve credit for being above them
Would rather be on our position with AM, top seven and building something, than, say FT Nuneaton  with  their new boss Mama Mia, or whatever his name is 
I'll enjoy tonight .. if you want to carry on moaning about AM, you  go for it Thumbs Up


What's Nuneatons got to do with it Coton - and anyway you started it with the start of this thread - several of us AM non-believers we're very positive and building on today's game - if you want to stir it up no problem - if you don't stay away from the keys mate - and finally Abba is only one step away from Noddy in my eyes


Posted By: Coton1Tam
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 9:02pm
ha ha, fair enough Argus. WE'll all enjoy tonight then.
Feels good to be back to winning ways
Beer


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 9:17pm
- and hopefully more on Tuesday


Posted By: ChrisLamb
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:30pm
The way I see it is that I like was Andy Morrell is doing for the club, long term. 
I think he's building something.
That said, I totally get fans who get peed off too because if you pay to go watch the first team, you want to see success NOW. 


 


Posted By: MichaelTFC
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 4:47pm
Well done Andy, great result, certainly came out fighting


Posted By: Coton1Tam
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Nathan Vaughan has left Solihull Moors I hear. Go get him Andy, decent, experienced  keeper  and would allow Dan Jezeph to continue his development 


Posted By: happy red
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
I know him well I could ask him at work tomorrow.
How much?


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:27pm
I'm sure with our budget Nathan wouldn't have to pay to much in


Posted By: happy red
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:17pm
Well without giving too much away he is in wanted.
God knows why.
Argus do you have trouble doing your own shoe laces up.


Posted By: Coton1Tam
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:44am
Not wanted by us Red? Or Solihull? 


Posted By: happy red
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:29am
Can you do up your own shoe laces coton.
Argus has not got back in touch with me.
Only asking because I know a club just like Tamworth looking for a goalkeeper.
I'll be your agent at a cost.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by happy red happy red wrote:


Argus do you have trouble doing your own shoe laces up.


There lies my achilles heal Happy Red (see how l did that Youth wherever you are) - Mr Argus bless her insisted l have my first 2 ever tattoos last year - L on one leg and R on the other - even f@@Ked that up


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:20am
Can’t read upside down the Argus


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:54am
Worse than that mate - walking like a 🦆 ever since


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:10pm
There’s a simple reamdy for that Argue lengthen the peace of string between your Welles !


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

There’s a simple reamdy for that Argue lengthen the peace of string between your Welles !


Names Argus not Argue Mouth


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
Assume it was a typeo like mine or a may go over to the other side, the one you can’t find lol.

As you have not mentioned the 🦆, the string worked then.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Assume it was a typeo like mine or a may go over to the other side, the one you can’t find lol.

As you have not mentioned the 🦆, the string worked then.


Mrs Argus here - absolute typo Youth and it doesn't help he uses head as opposed to fingers on tablet. - not into bondage but Mr Argus has certainly got himself tied up - so no work still in progress


Posted By: Coton1Tam
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:43pm
Good to see Andy and Mike's work with the academy paying off  ... history made in Youth Cup. Some very promising lads in that squad. 


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Coton1Tam Coton1Tam wrote:

Good to see Andy and Mike's work with the academy paying off  ... history made in Youth Cup. Some very promising lads in that squad. 


Free to get in at Youths - what about the paying customers who fork out for first team games - and by the way Matt some who still believe in AM (obviously not me) still fork out for the away games - transport costs and admission - however before banning the AM doubters it would be nice to hear what you actually pay out for your away trips - it will cost me and Mrs Argus close to £100 for Darlo - how about you Matt?
- and while on a roll guys - here's another - anyone who travels on the supporters coach should pay - board members volunteer for duty so why should some go free and others subsidise it - bought up a few times on here but TFCSC just ignore it - just confirm ground rules for who actually can go free - not to much to ask however it will be the 3/4 time


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:14pm
Brave up out there - you all moan about situation to me off record but is that it


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 10:40pm
Argus TFC is my hobby,. Some play golf, some pay over the odds to watch premier league, or as in the Midlands the Championship, motor racing, or what ever floats your boat (see what I did there). I chose TFC and that’s why I go to as many games a possible Home and away, and when I can’t afford it don’t go but won’t complain. It’s great to mix with supporters of other clubs (in the main) and we general all say the same thing unless you are at Harrogate or Salford, Kiddy until Christmas anyway. Even the old boys there last season said they preferred it when it was just the regulars, rather than expectation from the new supporters.
Looking forward to Saturday’s games against Salford, 3-2 Styche 2, Knights
Come on you Kambs



Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 6:44pm
- on spot Youth - had discussions with United of M fans who agree with how club is being run within means - they have now hit the brick wall and lost almost 2k fans per home game hangers on but will not overspend - to your point however - Salford who knoows - we had 🚂 sets and scales electric when we were young - they can own football clubs whether their fans want it or not - oh hum





Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:16pm
Electric ! Posh git from the south, we had a train, a track, and a key to wind it up!


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

, we had a train, a track, and a key to wind it up!


All becoming clear Youth - never had the chance as a youngster to wind things up - obviously making up for it now


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Coton1Tam Coton1Tam wrote:

In the play-offs ...  above bigger clubs like Stockport, York, Kidderminster, Darlington

nice one Andy. 


Boo Boo after today Coton - sorry mate couldn't resist it -


Posted By: TFC_Ryan
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:30pm
Still waiting for a convincing result, the York City win is not a convincing one, AM out for me, we need a change


Posted By: ChrisLamb
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:53pm

Played okay today, some nice football in 1st half.

When you here from a good source that some of their players are on £2000 a week, makes you realize what Morrell is up against .. doing a decent enough job for me



Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by ChrisLamb ChrisLamb wrote:


Played okay today, some nice football in 1st half.

When you here from a good source that some of their players are on £2000 a week, makes you realize what Morrell is up against .. doing a decent enough job for me



We are as different as the ☀️ and the 🌙 my fellow supporter in terms of AM - hope your sauces (sic) are as good as mine


Posted By: SimonTTFC
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:44pm
Good work AM, point off top 5! Building  the foundations long term and first team are competitive in league. Keep up good work


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by SimonTTFC SimonTTFC wrote:


Good work AM, point off top 5! Building  the foundations long term and first team are competitive in league. Keep up good work


1910 🍇 company - “”stand in the air and 👋 your 🤚s about Simple Simon Says - what foundations - 4 years before any progress because it’s in the plan - can’t sign youths before 18 and currently only using them under this manager when forced to do so


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by SimonTTFC SimonTTFC wrote:

Good work AM, point off top 5! Building  the foundations long term and first team are competitive in league. Keep up good work
Totally agree. Good to see Drew Ricketts involved today. Lot  of positive off the field things and first team doing just fine  in league Clap


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:08pm
So why are the gates going down and we have a mini-bus for away games at best


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:11pm
The Tamworth Junior League  stopping  the junior clubs being  involved wouldn't have helped. Still getting a lot more than Nuneaton and they arguably have bigger fan base 


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

The Tamworth Junior League  stopping  the junior clubs being  involved wouldn't have helped. Still getting a lot more than Nuneaton and they arguably have bigger fan base 


Getting Desperate Dan once again using Nuneaton as an example


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:39pm
Can’t better a Cow Pie, with AM grabbing it by the horns and yet again a great win against an inform team
Mini 🚌 for the traveling fans is great and very much appreciated

Argus keep clutching mate even those the straws is getting shorter

Come on you Lambs


Posted By: tfcfan1
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:54am
If we somehow can take six points over the festive period, we will be in the playoffs. And the youth side clearly is paying off, would we have had a spare CB if it wasn't for our academy? I understand average form is the reason for dwindling attendances, but on that alone we are 14th. Bit of perspective is needed, it's not that bad considering we've won considerably more than we've lost in the last three years.


Posted By: happy red
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:46pm
1/ lots of clubs are gaining and losing fans Tamworth are down 68 on average, no big worry. York City are a surprise. UP
2/ Nuneaton got a bigger catchment area, have they? Catchment area around 20miles of Tamworth could be 1,000,000 plus sounds good to me.
3/ 5yr plan floodlights, makes sense 3D pitch. Covered stand grit end, we never called it the castle end. Never happen. Average gate of 1000, Big Bob has got to beg exfans like me to come back. Not tell me to fxxk off. Well what do you think?
4/ in conclusion no chance under this chair. More like a 10yr plan. How old are you now Argus.
My 5yr plan
1/ Big Bob to pull out of the club with honor. That means leaving the club not trying to sell the club. Other words leave with empty pockets. Someone told how much he is worth, this has not come from just anyone.
2/ find someone with ambition. Not as simple as all that but it can be done.
3/ with right invester Tamworth will become a great team again. Ambition is not free it would cost millions. Big Bob has the money but not the heart.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Can’t better a Cow Pie


Nowt wrong with a bit of Pie chucking Youth - will actually eat Humble 🥧 however if we manage play-offs - season of good will and all that will be 100% positive over the festive season - honest guv (best Essex accent)


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by happy red happy red wrote:

1/ lots of clubs are gaining and losing fans Tamworth are down 68 on average, no big worry. York City are a surprise. UP
2/ Nuneaton got a bigger catchment area, have they? Catchment area around 20miles of Tamworth could be 1,000,000 plus sounds good to me.
3/ 5yr plan floodlights, makes sense 3D pitch. Covered stand grit end, we never called it the castle end. Never happen. Average gate of 1000, Big Bob has got to beg exfans like me to come back. Not tell me to fxxk off. Well what do you think?
4/ in conclusion no chance under this chair. More like a 10yr plan. How old are you now Argus.
My 5yr plan
1/ Big Bob to pull out of the club with honor. That means leaving the club not trying to sell the club. Other words leave with empty pockets. Someone told how much he is worth, this has not come from just anyone.
2/ find someone with ambition. Not as simple as all that but it can be done.
3/ with right invester Tamworth will become a great team again. Ambition is not free it would cost millions. Big Bob has the money but not the heart.


Said many moons ago Red you were attending this festive period?


Posted By: thekingsburylamb
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:10pm
The real belief from the management (although they will not state it openly) is they do not want promotion because as North Ferriby, Southport and our good selves have witnessed you need a large fanbase and the backing of a board who are prepared to throw a large amount of money to first get established in what is a full time league of ex football league sides. The facilities with the exception of increasing the seating capacity and the sponsors lounge and new toilet blocks has not really improved over the last 15 years since I have been supporting them. The big issue is that it's a closed shop at the top and as much as what Bob Andrews has done for the club over the past someone else will need to come in if the club is to progress any further. Hope I'm wrong though but agree with previous comment from Happy Red.




Posted By: goldenoldie
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:32am
We are in a fairly good position league wise so until the people of Tamworth start showing some interest then nobody with any sense is going to start throwing loads of money our way .

-------------
itcanonlygetbetter


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by happy red happy red wrote:

1/ lots of clubs are gaining and losing fans Tamworth are down 68 on average, no big worry. York City are a surprise. UP
- Not really football fans will always turn up to see a team winning more games even in a lower league

2/ Nuneaton got a bigger catchment area, have they? Catchment area around 20miles of Tamworth could be 1,000,000 plus sounds good to me. -
Traditionally they have attracted higher attendances main because they have been in a higher league than us, until they went bust of course, probably coursed by some fans expectation over realisem.

3/ 5yr plan floodlights, makes sense 3D pitch. Certainly does.
Covered stand grit end, we never called it the castle end. -
Not know as the grit end for me, just know as the bank, which changed after it was removed to the Castle End.

Never happen. - Hope it does getting to old for the shed
Average gate of 1000, Big Bob has got to beg exfans like me to come back. Not tell me to fxxk off.
What you were just walking along minding you own business and big Bob said feck off.
Well what do you think? - Highly unlikely

4/ in conclusion no chance under this chair. -
May be not but it’s a start, we have been asking for the thoughts and aims of the club, let’s see.
More like a 10yr plan. How old are you now Argus. Yewn!
My 5yr plan
1/ Big Bob to pull out of the club with honor. That means leaving the club not trying to sell the club. Other words leave with empty pockets. Someone told how much he is worth, this has not come from just anyone.
2/ find someone with ambition. -
What like put a 3G pitch down for the club to have a 1st Class pitch to play on with increased community use. Which I heard was well 600 junior players using it each week, start an Academy for 7 year olds upwards, followed by a Scholars sports education for 16/17 years, with classrooms, re introduce the u21’s Not as simple as all that but it can be done.
3/ with right invester Tamworth will become a great team again. Ambition is not free it would cost millions. Big Bob has the money but not the heart.

4/ You missed one thing off Go Bust
Red I have to agree with you “No Ambition for the club”


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by goldenoldie goldenoldie wrote:

We are in a fairly good position league wise so until the people of Tamworth start showing some interest then nobody with any sense is going to start throwing loads of money our way .
Caught in a chicken and egg scenario sadly. Chairman probably doesn't see why he should put more in when  not enough fans come through gates, fans don't  come through gates because not enough invested in the team. 


Posted By: goldenoldie
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:26pm
Very true DanTFC but the fans did not come flooding back when on long unbeaten run a couple of years ago.

-------------
itcanonlygetbetter


Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:10am
In this social media age the club could be doing a great deal more to raise both the profile and interest in the club.

The website looks like it was created 20 years ago and the 'official' Facebook page appears to be ran by members of the supporters club rather than the club itself; the club has no idea how to sell itself in this modern technological age.

The best way the club can connect with the stay away community is through the internet but their use of this resource is severely lacking.

The club should consider employing a social media manager as a trial, part time of course, to see if it is a viable way to raise the profile and interest in the club.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 11:50pm
Pod - if your old by now you either follow a club like TFC by either it being in your blood (NWL and Youth) or seriously being born and brought up in Tamworth or close to it. In terms of our kids some will gravitate to us but most will have been given a poxy premiership shirt as a present down the line and couldn’t care a hoot about a club like ours so far down the food chain - as a kid in a playground who can blame them on a Monday morning to be fair - Man U or TFC you would have to be pretty strong to hold the TFC line. In terms of people moving into Tamworth they l would imagine would have no bond with us so not sure how hard you push us on IT and media we ain’t going to move us up the football food chain that way - we have hit the brick wall that meets all teams who have climbed up so many leagues like us - support in % terms whilst in the ascendancy helped us but hitting that wall without the aid of a sugar daddy now we are f@@Ked - look at Forest Green and Fleetwood. This is not a knock at Sir Bob it’s just where we are - without his £ year on year if you read the accounts we would be looking downwards. As NWL put it recently on here - oh the joys of supporting a non-league club


Posted By: happy red
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 11:59am
You have to put your self in the mind of a investor.
At the moment would you invest in Tamworth FC. No I would not.
Argus you said you don't blame the Chair. who is it then? The manager. Why? Because he only puts 20'pounds in the team builder pot, then takes 15pounds out.
To be honest I miss coming to the Lamb. But like a lot of people they want to know where all the money went.
I know nothing about Tamworth now, but they still got a fan base. Half way up the league. I am bitter like a marriage what's gone wrong. Money, time, good and bad I have invested. Don't forget Argus I was watching Tamworth when the attendance was 75.





Print Page | Close Window