Print Page | Close Window

Boston

Printed From: Tamworth Fans Forum
Category: Fans' Forum
Forum Name: TFC Fans Forum
Forum Description: Anything goes in here!
URL: http://www.tamworthfans.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=915
Printed Date: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:14am


Topic: Boston
Posted By: Argus9
Subject: Boston
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:35pm
Top of Form table team and never an easy place to play anyway - Powell and Knights will cut any team to bits if given a chance for us whilst question how well our defence hold up away - happy with a point on day but only a lunatic would predict a score - over to you BY



Replies:
Posted By: Sir Alf Ramsey
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Top of Form table team and never an easy place to play anyway - Powell and Knights will cut any team to bits if given a chance for us whilst question how well our defence hold up away - happy with a point on day but only a lunatic would predict a score - over to you BY


A good song to sing 🎶🎤( as a Wind up )is :
" What’s it like to be Poland " ?



Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:51pm
Brexit achieved move on mate


Posted By: Sir Alf Ramsey
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Brexit achieved move on mate




Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:37am
Going for the positive as always with a 1-3 away win,
Don’t care who scores just win.

Come on you Lambs


Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Going for the positive as always with a 1-3 away win,
Don’t care who scores just win.

Come on you Lambs
I hope you're right!


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Going for the positive as always


Well almost


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 2:06pm
Would think it's a guaranteed defeat shipping 3 goals.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:

Would think it's a guaranteed defeat shipping 3 goals.


Come on we stopped conceding 3 goals agame against the Scum away Lamb


Posted By: The dosthill lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:17pm
Normal service seems to have resumed on the goals conceded front. 2 Nil down at present!


Posted By: The dosthill lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:23pm
Spoke too soon i think. 3 Nil down. Penalty conceded by Morley!


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:35pm
Need to score 3 in the last 15 minutes to win.


Posted By: mr lamb.
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm
How long must this nonsense go on for ?.we all knew in the back of our minds that normal service would be resumed after last week.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:45pm
Also need to win 11 or12 of the remaining 17 matches to get into the play-offs


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:

Also need to win 11 or12 of the remaining 17 matches to get into the play-offs


And your point Lamb if not I’ll be mate.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
Just being sarcastic.


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

How long must this nonsense go on for ?.we all knew in the back of our minds that normal service would be resumed after last week.
Also knew that Boston are the form team in the league


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

How long must this nonsense go on for ?.we all knew in the back of our minds that normal service would be resumed after last week.
Also knew that Boston are the form team in the league


And Scum bottom 3 - take your blinkers of mate


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
Effectively 6 points adrift now.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:

Effectively 6 points adrift now.


Adrift and in a boat without a paddle - but we do have a plank


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

How long must this nonsense go on for ?.we all knew in the back of our minds that normal service would be resumed after last week.
Also knew that Boston are the form team in the league


And Scum bottom 3 - take your blinkers of mate
No blinkers .. just saying I'm not sure why people would be surprised by losing there. 


Posted By: mr lamb.
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 10:03am
If we are going by what teams have better form than Tamworth then relegation here we come.


Posted By: TwoGatesTFC
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

If we are going by what teams have better form than Tamworth then relegation here we come.
If we are going by form, there are still seven teams worse in the form table - including likes of Darlington -  and several others with equal current records  ... like Nuneaton, who are 11 points behind us.


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:12pm
Firstly Jones clash of heads after only a few minutes left him in a terrible state unable to stand up as every time he tried they just gave way, and hope he is feel better today.
With no recognised centre half, after that incident it was alway going to be a struggle, particularly as the ref was a homer, with Taylor being fouled yet the ref gave it to them on the edge of the box which they ultimately scored from, there second cane from Burns turn back on himself instead of clearing it losing the ball and it’s in the net, third Morley brings down there player who’s going away from goal for a penalty. In between these errors we had a number of chances to take something from the game, that said every time we had the ball they pressed in number to win it back and everyone they had the ball it was one on one.
As a team we have to work harder even though Deeney may be leaving, he is far better than Wharton who is not good enough. Morley well no words to describe how poor he is at this moment in time, and generally poor decision marking by a number of players caused our own problems.
We now have two weeks without a game a chance to change a few and lift the rest.
The play offs are well within our grasps, but we need to work harder.
Would not blame AM totally for yesterday, they are in good form and we have never won there. But needs to bring in a couple of key players not kids, notice Argus did not say Youth’s


Posted By: mr lamb.
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:20pm
Just wait till all those teams below us have played there games in hand and the table will look a little frightening.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

notice Argus did not say Youth’s


Gold ⭐️ sir for your commendable effort - was going to offer you a Blue Peter badge but you must have a Shed-load already


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

Just wait till all those teams below us have played there games in hand and the table will look a little frightening.
Why?
IF Curzon win there game they will move one point ahead, nothing else will change if any of the others win FC could match us on points none of their other can.
Have another luck Mr Lamb,


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

notice Argus did not say Youth’s


Gold ⭐️ sir for your commendable effort - was going to offer you a Blue Peter badge but you must have a Shed-load already


I’ll stick to a club badge thanks


Posted By: mr lamb.
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

Just wait till all those teams below us have played there games in hand and the table will look a little frightening.
Why?
IF Curzon win there game they will move one point ahead, nothing else will change if any of the others win FC could match us on points none of their other can.
Have another luck Mr Lamb,

Sorry didn't explain it very well. My point was that we cannot string a decent run of results together and by the time we get round to all playing the same amount of games,which i suspect will be in the next month wether permitting we will be bottom half of the table. Just cannot see anything changing with the team we have.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:04pm
We have to win 4 games in a row to be in the top 7,taking into account the fact we don't play next week and others do.We also must take note that all the teams above us must have a bad run. The next 4 matches look like we will get very few points from them. A change in manager may bring a miraculous improvement in form as it tends to do.Sticking with Morrell means a slide down the table.


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Firstly Jones clash of heads after only a few minutes left him in a terrible state unable to stand up as every time he tried they just gave way, and hope he is feel better today.
With no recognised centre half, after that incident it was alway going to be a struggle, particularly as the ref was a homer, with Taylor being fouled yet the ref gave it to them on the edge of the box which they ultimately scored from, there second cane from Burns turn back on himself instead of clearing it losing the ball and it’s in the net, third Morley brings down there player who’s going away from goal for a penalty. In between these errors we had a number of chances to take something from the game, that said every time we had the ball they pressed in number to win it back and everyone they had the ball it was one on one.
As a team we have to work harder even though Deeney may be leaving, he is far better than Wharton who is not good enough. Morley well no words to describe how poor he is at this moment in time, and generally poor decision marking by a number of players caused our own problems.
We now have two weeks without a game a chance to change a few and lift the rest.
The play offs are well within our grasps, but we need to work harder.
Would not blame AM totally for yesterday, they are in good form and we have never won there. But needs to bring in a couple of key players not kids, notice Argus did not say Youth’s
Pretty sure  Ben Fox will be back on radar as replacement for Ellis


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Firstly Jones clash of heads after only a few minutes left him in a terrible state unable to stand up as every time he tried they just gave way, and hope he is feel better today.
With no recognised centre half, after that incident it was alway going to be a struggle, particularly as the ref was a homer, with Taylor being fouled yet the ref gave it to them on the edge of the box which they ultimately scored from, there second cane from Burns turn back on himself instead of clearing it losing the ball and it’s in the net, third Morley brings down there player who’s going away from goal for a penalty. In between these errors we had a number of chances to take something from the game, that said every time we had the ball they pressed in number to win it back and everyone they had the ball it was one on one.
As a team we have to work harder even though Deeney may be leaving, he is far better than Wharton who is not good enough. Morley well no words to describe how poor he is at this moment in time, and generally poor decision marking by a number of players caused our own problems.
We now have two weeks without a game a chance to change a few and lift the rest.
The play offs are well within our grasps, but we need to work harder.
Would not blame AM totally for yesterday, they are in good form and we have never won there. But needs to bring in a couple of key players not kids, notice Argus did not say Youth’s
Pretty sure  Ben Fox will be back on radar as replacement for Ellis

NO - Verma - Deeney - Fox midfield last time out when all available- so how can Fox be a replacement for Deeney - just maybe that mini 🚌 was to expensive - Fox must say was in his second spell with us however we need at least another 3 in and it helps Fox shouldn’t cost us much -


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

Just wait till all those teams below us have played there games in hand and the table will look a little frightening.
Why?
IF Curzon win there game they will move one point ahead, nothing else will change if any of the others win FC could match us on points none of their other can.
Have another luck Mr Lamb,

Sorry didn't explain it very well. My point was that we cannot string a decent run of results together and by the time we get round to all playing the same amount of games,which i suspect will be in the next month wether permitting we will be bottom half of the table. Just cannot see anything changing with the team we have.


Mr Lamb
See said no need to panic
Well we have now played the same number of games, and we are in the same position we were in before.
Now the season must kick on


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:

Originally posted by mr lamb. mr lamb. wrote:

Just wait till all those teams below us have played there games in hand and the table will look a little frightening.
Why?
IF Curzon win there game they will move one point ahead, nothing else will change if any of the others win FC could match us on points none of their other can.
Have another luck Mr Lamb,

Sorry didn't explain it very well. My point was that we cannot string a decent run of results together and by the time we get round to all playing the same amount of games,which i suspect will be in the next month wether permitting we will be bottom half of the table. Just cannot see anything changing with the team we have.


Mr Lamb
See said no need to panic
Well we have now played the same number of games, and we are in the same position we were in before.
Now the season must kick on


Breezy Banter aside mate - AM has till Friday to bring in long overdue quality You me and many others were hoping for pre-season


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:47pm
Now effectively 7 points adrift with the top teams in good form.Need to win four games in a row with lots of goals scored and nothing conceded to overturn huge goal difference.Over to you Mr Morrell.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:01am
We need to score 20+ goals in a short time to catch up with Kiddy's goal difference in 7th spot. Unless Kiddy implode and concede loads which is doubtful.



Print Page | Close Window