Print Page | Close Window

Transfer Activity

Printed From: Tamworth Fans Forum
Category: Fans' Forum
Forum Name: TFC Fans Forum
Forum Description: Anything goes in here!
URL: http://www.tamworthfans.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=918
Printed Date: 24 Feb 2018 at 6:13pm


Topic: Transfer Activity
Posted By: Argus9
Subject: Transfer Activity
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:50pm
Todate AM has replaced the Wasp with Reid - (cheap option in terms of wages) -
so successful AM is now playing CT in that role - Zack (winger)has come in to replace Styche and can’t even get into team as a winger. He promised us 2 strikers to replace Styche - todate 1 winger in and how long since Styche left us. Fact - both Styche and Deeney two of the highest earners in club .

So here’s the rubb you AM 💗s - AM has 2 weeks to sort out the
were in - must have cash free on departures plus Team Builder to call upon - we need some quality reinforcements before next home game - sorry guys no excuse if he doesn’t deliver



Replies:
Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:33pm
We're virtually playing with 10 men when Zack is in the team.Unbelievably poor. On the subject of new players,we can only get part-time players so the choice is limited. AM's judgement is suspect when it comes to players. Zack is a case in point.


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Todate AM has replaced the Wasp with Reid - (cheap option in terms of wages) -
so successful AM is now playing CT in that role - Zack (winger)has come in to replace Styche and can’t even get into team as a winger. He promised us 2 strikers to replace Styche - todate 1 winger in and how long since Styche left us. Fact - both Styche and Deeney two of the highest earners in club .

So here’s the rubb you AM 💗s - AM has 2 weeks to sort out the
were in - must have cash free on departures plus Team Builder to call upon - we need some quality reinforcements before next home game - sorry guys no excuse if he doesn’t deliver
He replaced the Wasp with Styche. 


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

]
He replaced the Wasp with Styche. [/QUOTE]





Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

]
He replaced the Wasp with Styche. 




[/QUOTE]Ignore me Argus. Id been on the beer Beer Wacko


Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Todate AM has replaced the Wasp with Reid - (cheap option in terms of wages)
Let's be realistic though, you were never really going to replace Newton regardless of wages. Same goes for Belshaw.

Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

So here’s the rubb you AM 💗s - AM has 2 weeks to sort out the
were in - must have cash free on departures plus Team Builder to call upon - we need some quality reinforcements before next home game - sorry guys no excuse if he doesn’t deliver
To hear people talking you'd think we were bottom of the league. The situation isn't nearly as dire as you are trying to make out. Yes we're placed in mid table obscurity but we still have a chance of making the play offs. AM could do better I believe but how much support is he truly getting from penny pinching Bob?


Posted By: Hallam99
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 12:57pm
Ezwele gone to redditch
Have we got any defenders for?!


Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Hallam99 Hallam99 wrote:

Ezwele gone to redditch
Have we got any defenders for?!
Always limited for opportunities but I thought he looked solid enough when he did play. Seems a strange bit of business considering our injuries.

Now I hate to pull a 'Jeremy' and concoct a conspiracy theory but maybe Bob wants to trim the wage bill further by losing permanent squad members and fill the first team with cheap as chips loanees. LOL

I assume there is a loanee limit?


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:44pm
Waving the white flag?


Posted By: TwoGatesTFC
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:11pm
Louis has been injured himself though. 
With Coulson, Upton and Lane all back in the fortnight plus Jones,  Ricketts and Kettle, not short there. 


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:12pm
Good player, shame he's going. At least they've had sense to put a sell-on clause in


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:39pm
Pick any three from that list and still concede three goals.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:58pm
Would keep Verma - Knights - Burns - Powell - Shaw and Ricketts from the current senior squad and that’s about it. Have loads of potential in the U21s as well coming through. Really need a complete clean out and start again I’m afraid. As soon as it becomes obvious we ain’t going to make the play-offs we need to ship out the dead wood then and not wait till the end of the season - can’t see the point in playing likes of Morley in games that don’t matter - give Youth a chance. Just an opinion and don’t expect anyone on here to agree with me


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:21pm
You keep saying 'give youth a chance' and yet you are  happy to bomb out Coulson and Upton, both 20, Jezeph, 19, Walters, 19, all of whom are in the first-team squad.   


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

You keep saying 'give youth a chance' and yet you are  happy to bomb out Coulson and Upton, both 20, Jezeph, 19, Walters, 19, all of whom are in the first-team squad.   

Missed Dexter mate - agree and add to my above list of keeps - don’t rate others however. And Dan how’s your head today


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

You keep saying 'give youth a chance' and yet you are  happy to bomb out Coulson and Upton, both 20, Jezeph, 19, Walters, 19, all of whom are in the first-team squad.   

Missed Dexter mate - agree and add to my above list of keeps - don’t rate others however. And Dan how’s your head today
ha ha, a bit better! Drinking on a Sunday, not good! 
Do agree with you by the way, if we are safe, need to blood  more youngsters. Shaw should definitely play more 


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:49pm
][/QUOTE]To hear people talking you'd think we were bottom of the league. The situation isn't nearly as dire as you are trying to make out.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting Pod - As you know l been on AMs back for the past 2 seasons primarily and initially because of hoof- ball - however because of very very decent home form in fact top 2 in both seasons home fans have not got on his back - strangely no doubt being told by Sir Bob this season we are trying to play football but sh*t at home hence more on here who want AM out rather than just dear old Argus also called Jeremy - other names are of course available


Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Interesting Pod - As you know l been on AMs back for the past 2 seasons primarily and initially because of hoof- ball - however because of very very decent home form in fact top 2 in both seasons home fans have not got on his back
The fact you were prepared to jump on the back of a manager who arguably had a team over performing form wise at home tells me everything I need to know. Three points are all that matters and not how you play to get them.

This season I completely understand the calls for AM's head even if I don't agree with them but like you said Argus, you wanted him gone last season which means I kinda take your views on this matter with a pinch of salt. LOLTongue


Posted By: I.O.M.Lamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:57am
To be fair to Argus he wasn't the only one who had doubts about Morrell last season. The football was generally dire and the fact that we over performed, particularly at home, was more to do with the outstanding talents of Belshaw and Newton than anything that Morrell did. I sort of lost my faith in Morrell at the away game against Gloucester last season which was so unbelievably bad for so many reasons that it was nothing short of astonishing.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by I.O.M.Lamb I.O.M.Lamb wrote:

Gloucester last season which was so unbelievably bad for so many reasons that it was nothing short of astonishing.


Your fault for standing next to me mate


Posted By: TwoGatesTFC
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by I.O.M.Lamb I.O.M.Lamb wrote:

To be fair to Argus he wasn't the only one who had doubts about Morrell last season. The football was generally dire and the fact that we over performed, particularly at home, was more to do with the outstanding talents of Belshaw and Newton than anything that Morrell did. I sort of lost my faith in Morrell at the away game against Gloucester last season which was so unbelievably bad for so many reasons that it was nothing short of astonishing.
Had his worst season with us.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by TwoGatesTFC TwoGatesTFC wrote:

Originally posted by I.O.M.Lamb I.O.M.Lamb wrote:

To be fair to Argus he wasn't the only one who had doubts about Morrell last season. The football was generally dire and the fact that we over performed, particularly at home, was more to do with the outstanding talents of Belshaw and Newton than anything that Morrell did. I sort of lost my faith in Morrell at the away game against Gloucester last season which was so unbelievably bad for so many reasons that it was nothing short of astonishing.

Had his worst season with us.


Even Bells worst season with us is better than either of our goalkeepers performance this season


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm
Our goalkeepers this season - nothing short of horrendous.


Posted By: mr lamb.
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:20pm
Agree 100% about goal keepers this season.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:29pm
Whilst fully accept it was going to be a tough ask to even get near replacing The Wasp and Bells AM couldn’t have done a worst job - chose Reid who even he doesn’t rate soon after signing him and the goalkeeping fiasco as mentioned above.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:39pm
Plus the other signings that have been ditched or sent out on loan. Serious player judgement.


Posted By: The dosthill lamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:15pm
Not sure what the best solution to our problems is to be honest. Like Pilgrim Pod, i too am not one calling for AM's head, but fully understand the feelings of the likes of Argus.AM is a decent man and i would love nothing better than to see him have success with TFC. Trouble is with getting rid of AM it's what you might get as a replacement. It could turn out to be the best thing, but ultimately it could turn out like Birmingham City who got rid of Rowett who did a fair job on limited resources,and look what has happened to them since! Whatever the thoughts of some might be, budget does play a massive part, and although we might not be raggy arsed rovers, we simply cant compete with some teams in this league. Generally speaking, the money teams tend to be the successful ones, and either our board cant, or simply wont, invest what may be required. Only they know, but at the recent 5 yr plan meeting the general manager pretty much said as i recall that we were punching above our weight as things stood. My concern with AM as i have said before is that he doesn't seem to know what to do to rectify our biggest problem,which is the inability to keep the ball out of our net, and i tend to agree with what Coleshill Lamb said,pick any 3 of the defenders at our disposal and we will still concede 3 goals. The mistakes made individually and collectively are pretty awful. Whether we have played 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 the end result tends to be the same, with AM just shuffling round the same old underperforming players, and unless this is rectified i fear we will see pretty much the same sort of results. Makes the decision to get rid of Ezewele seem even more strange, injuries aside, as he did possess a turn of foot and can be no worse than what we already have.  


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:37pm
Thought Ezwele looked the best prospect at centre-back. The fact that the club have insisted on a sell-on clause would indicate that he was a rated player.I despair at what is going on. Too many problems at the same time but the players are AM's choice and he is ultimately responsible for the mess.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by The dosthill lamb The dosthill lamb wrote:

Trouble is with getting rid of AM it's what you might get as a replacement. It could turn out to be the best thing, but ultimately it could turn out like Birmingham City who got rid of Rowett who did a fair job on limited resources,and look what has happened to them since  


Rowett was one of a number managers BC went through in very quick succession and indeed he did very well on a limited budget DL as you said - but the difference is we stuck with AM and he has had enough chances - but you are right we seem to have a very limited budget getting more limited each and every season so if Rowett did it we have to get some one who can manage the limited budget we have better and use contacts our current manager has proved season on season on season he’s hasent. AM is killing this club in my opinion others of course will disagree - breezey opinion keeps us going when TFC is going nowhere


Posted By: TwoGatesTFC
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm

Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by TwoGatesTFC TwoGatesTFC wrote:

Originally posted by I.O.M.Lamb I.O.M.Lamb wrote:

To be fair to Argus he wasn't the only one who had doubts about Morrell last season. The football was generally dire and the fact that we over performed, particularly at home, was more to do with the outstanding talents of Belshaw and Newton than anything that Morrell did. I sort of lost my faith in Morrell at the away game against Gloucester last season which was so unbelievably bad for so many reasons that it was nothing short of astonishing.

Had his worst season with us.


Even Bells worst season with us is better than either of our goalkeepers performance this season
Oh I agree, just saying he was far from outstanding last year, indeed, Jezeph took over from him late on. Biggest mistake this year was running with two rookie keepers. need a rookie plus experienced one

Gary Mills did it one year as well. Went with loan keepers and it was a disaster.

Should be a priority to get experienced one in my opinion, breeds confidence in defence too



Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 10:38pm
Just got back from Nuneaton v Harrogate. Belshaw commanded his area all game.Could do nothing about Nuneaton's goals. We've certainly missed him.Top keeper.


Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:06am
Originally posted by The dosthill lamb The dosthill lamb wrote:

Not sure what the best solution to our problems is to be honest. Like Pilgrim Pod, i too am not one calling for AM's head, but fully understand the feelings of the likes of Argus.AM is a decent man and i would love nothing better than to see him have success with TFC. Trouble is with getting rid of AM it's what you might get as a replacement. It could turn out to be the best thing, but ultimately it could turn out like Birmingham City who got rid of Rowett who did a fair job on limited resources,and look what has happened to them since! Whatever the thoughts of some might be, budget does play a massive part, and although we might not be raggy arsed rovers, we simply cant compete with some teams in this league. Generally speaking, the money teams tend to be the successful ones, and either our board cant, or simply wont, invest what may be required. Only they know, but at the recent 5 yr plan meeting the general manager pretty much said as i recall that we were punching above our weight as things stood. My concern with AM as i have said before is that he doesn't seem to know what to do to rectify our biggest problem,which is the inability to keep the ball out of our net, and i tend to agree with what Coleshill Lamb said,pick any 3 of the defenders at our disposal and we will still concede 3 goals. The mistakes made individually and collectively are pretty awful. Whether we have played 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 the end result tends to be the same, with AM just shuffling round the same old underperforming players, and unless this is rectified i fear we will see pretty much the same sort of results. Makes the decision to get rid of Ezewele seem even more strange, injuries aside, as he did possess a turn of foot and can be no worse than what we already have.  
+1

This sums up precisely how I feel.


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
Looks like Fox on way back according to on-line paper report as well    


Posted By: The dosthill lamb
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
Ben Fox you mean? If so then that will help. I think he is a player with a lot of potential and with an ability to influence games. We have certainly missed him


Posted By: Sir Alf Ramsey
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
Tamworth FC should try and build up good rapport with the likes of Coventry City.

Even though I don't go to many Tamworth games , due to work commitments / moving from the area , many clubs like Solihull Moors get in players on loan from league clubs , to try snd improve their league table positions.

Would it not be possible therefore, for Tamworth to do this on a more regular basis?





Posted By: The dosthill lamb
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:35pm
On that very subject Sir Alf i see Solihull have signed our former player Kyle Storer permanently from League 2 side Cheltenham Town


Posted By: Hallam99
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:33pm
Tyrell Belford...


Posted By: TwoGatesTFC
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Hallam99 Hallam99 wrote:

Tyrell Belford...
Herald report today said he has been spoken to but other irons in fire as well.


Posted By: Hallam99
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:28pm
Let’s hope so!
Be good to get Fox back


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:24pm
I've seen Tyrell Belford several times last season for Nuneaton and Hinckley this season. He's as bad as Rowley and Jesseph i.e Doesn't come for crosses - stays on his line. Nuneaton got rid before the season ended. I'd go for Mason Springthorpe.


Posted By: Sir Alf Ramsey
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by The dosthill lamb The dosthill lamb wrote:

On that very subject Sir Alf i see Solihull have signed our former player Kyle Storer permanently from League 2 side Cheltenham Town


I sincerely want Tamworth in the top tier of Non - League football ( Conference National ).

It would appear, Tamworth do need to have a close liaison with a league club ,to bring in players of quality , albeit on loan.



Posted By: Pilgrim Pod
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Sir Alf Ramsey Sir Alf Ramsey wrote:

It would appear, Tamworth do need to have a close liaison with a league club ,to bring in players of quality , albeit on loan.
If possible it'd be a no brainer for me, what with all the larger clubs in the area you'd think surely they'd want to blood some of their kids in real football that mattered. They probably do, but just at a higher tier I'd guess. Maybe Tamworth have tried forging relationships and it just hasn't happened; who knows what goes on behind closed doors.


Posted By: Skippo10
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:42am
You would think teams like Walsall from the 3rd tier and below would send some of their younger players to the Conference North, and wonder why we don’t try and get more of the players who aren’t playing from the local Conference National teams like Solihull, a bit like we did with Joel Kettle.



Print Page | Close Window