Print Page | Close Window

Red Warning ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠

Printed From: Tamworth Fans Forum
Category: Fans' Forum
Forum Name: TFC Fans Forum
Forum Description: Anything goes in here!
URL: http://www.tamworthfans.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=929
Printed Date: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:23am


Topic: Red Warning ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠
Posted By: Argus9
Subject: Red Warning ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm
Current form table over 15 puts us one above drop zone- oh hum help me out you ☕️ smellers - love OUR team as much as you do however surely sometimes even you know or maybe not - 4 close season teams to build and we are going seriously backwards- he’s got to go



Replies:
Posted By: Footbored
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:21pm
Manager simply reflects clubs ambition ,they won't sack him


Posted By: Shed 1993
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:52pm
There is no money in the budget by the way.
Signed a left back on Thursday and chairman pulled the plug as he didn’t want to spend any money. Looks like we’re in a dog fight
As much as Morrell doesn’t have contacts I blame the board for all this mess


Posted By: TwoGatesTFC
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:57pm

Originally posted by Shed 1993 Shed 1993 wrote:

There is no money in the budget by the way.
Signed a left back on Thursday and chairman pulled the plug as he didn’t want to spend any money. Looks like we’re in a dog fight
As much as Morrell doesn’t have contacts I blame the board for all this mess

And here lies the thing.

I understand what you say Argus about not replacing Styche but AM has an impossible task to replace someone of that stature with what given.

There's no doubt Styche's departure has made the difference this season. We were seventh when he left.

But was AM given sufficient resources to genuinely replace him? No.



Posted By: Footbored
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:02pm
Every manager before has had same issues ,when we were in conference we had a £5000 budget ,way behind all teams ,and fans still moan ..
Get what you pay for I'm afraid


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Shed 1993 Shed 1993 wrote:

Looks like we’re in a dog fight




Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 10:26pm
So why does Morrell hang around? Just needs a job I suppose.He will have to sign a centre-forward eventually. We may have to wait until the summer when he chooses from the dregs when all the good ones are fixed up with other clubs.That's the usual senario with him.


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 10:50pm
TFC not in me or Mrs As blood - but we have spent since 2002 building each of every year around TFC making sure we don’t miss a second -however - Sir Bob if you can’t deliver or getting bored hand over please - or possibly even if you can’t organise a pitch investment to get returns you expected and now you expect us fans to watch move on - used to look up and respect you and even fealt sorry for you on a low attendance but will laugh in your face now because I’m afraid it’s your fault along with AM - seems since you retired Sir Bob TFC has become a short term hobby not a desire anymore - maybe it’s Sir Bob and AM out


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:10pm
And after all this just leant AM didn’t even have the balls to drop his 💗 child Morley - evidently had a dead leg - how the
you can ever get that from looking at a watch


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:29pm
And finally before bedtime do we have to assume that for the next 4 years in the plan Sir Bob will give a budget to just keep us in this league and no more


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:

So why does Morrell hang around? Just needs a job I suppose.He will have to sign a centre-forward eventually. We may have to wait until the summer when he chooses from the dregs when all the good ones are fixed up with other clubs.That's the usual senario with him.
He signed Newton and Styche


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:28am
Newton was signed as soon as the season finished when Morrell was fairly new in the post and enthusiastic.The past couple of seasons we've left signing players until late into the summer when we get the triallists in (always a bad move for me) The good managers have a list of their wants and get them signed in May. Styche was considered a risk by a few clubs.My brother who is a Kiddy fan always said he was useless.He was a success here but allowed to leave without a whimper.For every Newton and Styche theres a Kotwica and a Turner and a Wharton.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:36am
Sorry - I missed out Reid and Rowley and Jesseph


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:


He signed Newton and Styche


What else will be on his CV when he’s headhunted by Bolehall Swifts


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:17am
Keep him away from Coleshill Town. They're doing great this season.


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:

Sorry - I missed out Reid and Rowley and Jesseph
]No so, Reid was one of the first signings he made in summer, early. Not a trialist. 
Jezeph came through under-21s. 

Big mistake was not getting a proper keeper  though.
Have never understood why managers almost have a lack of respect for the importance of a goalkeeper. 
Gary Mills did it too. We had a season where they decided to go down the loan  route and it was a complete disaster. 


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:


He signed Newton and Styche


What else will be on his CV when he’s headhunted by Bolehall Swifts
If Tommy Wright can get a  bigger job at Darlington with two relegations on his CV then Morrell would with three top-ten finishes. 


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:


He signed Newton and Styche


What else will be on his CV when he’s headhunted by Bolehall Swifts

If Tommy Wright can get a  bigger job at Darlington with two relegations on his CV then Morrell would with three top-ten finishes. 


CV comment aimed at you Dan as l can’t see anyone else better equipped to write AMs to be fair - certainly wouldn’t want me or CLamb to write it would you now - enjoy the ☕️ mate


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 1:29pm
Reid apparently signed on 4th Aug just before the season started.Another late signing.Probably a triallist before that.Another of his signings Matt Curley seems to be nowhere in his plans.


Posted By: DanTFC
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:

Reid apparently signed on 4th Aug just before the season started.Another late signing.Probably a triallist before that.Another of his signings Matt Curley seems to be nowhere in his plans.
Seriously, if you are going to have a go, get your facts right. He signed at the start of June. 
http://www.thestaffie.net/former-pound-200k-wolves-striker-signs-for-morrell-s-lambs/  ... June 2 


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:11pm
Wikipedia again. But He hardly gets a look-in so another on the list of out-of-favour signings.Think he needs a few games in place of Turner and Zack. Could be a success.We will never know if he isn't picked.The goals he has scored have been pretty good.


Posted By: GrendonLamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:15pm

Like any manager, signings have been hit and miss.

He brought in Burns ...one of best right backs I have seen.

Signed strong .. who was great until his injury.

Verma, Knights, Newton, Styche, Durrell, Powell  were all great.


Disappointment for me was not working with Tomassen to get him to rediscover form. Thought he had potential.

Dyer  (despite what people  thought) should have been talked out of jacking it in.


I'm not going to judge  the likes of Reid, Lane, Coulson yet as still young.

Likes of Jones, Deeney have been poor signings.



Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Argus9 Argus9 wrote:

Originally posted by DanTFC DanTFC wrote:

Originally posted by Coleshill Lamb Coleshill Lamb wrote:


He signed Newton and Styche


What else will be on his CV when he’s headhunted by Bolehall Swifts

If Tommy Wright can get a  bigger job at Darlington with two relegations on his CV then Morrell would with three top-ten finishes. 


CV comment aimed at you Dan as l can’t see anyone else better equipped to write AMs to be fair - certainly wouldn’t want me or CLamb to write it would you now - enjoy the ☕️ mate


Have you finished it yet Dan - might as well salvage something from this dire season of bombing down table and getting knocked out the cups without even a whimper after all


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 3:39pm
GrendonLamb  Your summing up is spot on.Morrell has made good signings in the past no doubt. This season though He's run out of ideas.It's as though He's ringing clubs up asking if they have any players he can borrow rather than having loan targets.Perhaps He will get his mojo back in the summer and assemble a decent team. As it is we are going to suffer more defeats and slide further down the table.What a wretched season this has been.


Posted By: Bolehall Youth
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:13pm
Yes AM has signed some Decent players in the PAST, but we are in the present and he has signed to many average players,
Just a thought maybe it was not him with the contacts but someone else, who is know longer helping ?

Dan the man, you have inside info ? Please enlighten


Posted By: Womble12
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 5:07am
If you look back through my posts I have always criticised AM. I have to say he as done Some good signings but for every good there are either two bad player and one player who is injuried.

I think my problem with AM is his management of the youth or developing players. Where are the lads who were on the bench for much of last season wrighty a Jamaican youth international, I am sure if he had a manager that believed him in he would either be the goal scorer or wide player we are missing. The big lad who always used to come on and create so many problems with his strength up front. Dodds scorer of over 20 goals from midfield for under 21’s. All these players want is a manger to trust them and give them game time.

Ben fox is another example of how AM doesn’t know how to manage development of a young player or build the contacts he has at burton. Once Ben had settled a few games in, you could tell he was finding the level, too easy would be the wrong phrase, but he was strolling the level. I have said in a previous post Ben should have gone a season loan to div 2 club or like now a conference club. But burton have other good players why are we not attracting the next best and AM SHOULD BE SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS LOOK WHAT WE DID FOR BEN FOX’S GAME!!! Send us more!!

Where is Daniel fox another lad we had from Leicester on loan.


Posted By: Hallam99
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 7:34am
Brandon ?
probably injured


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Bolehall Youth Bolehall Youth wrote:



Dan the man, you have inside info ? Please enlighten


Don’t be a bully Youth - wait your chance and join the Q - Asked Dan to write AMs CV


Posted By: Argus9
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Womble12 Womble12 wrote:

If you look back through my posts I have always criticised AM. I have to say he as done Some good signings but for every good there are either two bad player and one player who is injuried.

I think my problem with AM is his management of the youth or developing players. Where are the lads who were on the bench for much of last season wrighty a Jamaican youth international, I am sure if he had a manager that believed him in he would either be the goal scorer or wide player we are missing. The big lad who always used to come on and create so many problems with his strength up front. Dodds scorer of over 20 goals from midfield for under 21’s. All these players want is a manger to trust them and give them game time.

Ben fox is another example of how AM doesn’t know how to manage development of a young player or build the contacts he has at burton. Once Ben had settled a few games in, you could tell he was finding the level, too easy would be the wrong phrase, but he was strolling the level. I have said in a previous post Ben should have gone a season loan to div 2 club or like now a conference club. But burton have other good players why are we not attracting the next best and AM SHOULD BE SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS LOOK WHAT WE DID FOR BEN FOX’S GAME!!! Send us more!!

Where is Daniel fox another lad we had from Leicester on loan.


Shouting myself 🐴 on here over the past 2 seasons on this point - AM said he that playing our developing youth team and Under 21s a risk when set against experienced players he knows - Ricketts would have gone same way as all the others if the situation not forced on AM with injuries and even then he had to come off bench which gave him NO CHOICE but to play him. Dropped immediately for next game. He would be going out on loan as said like all the other’s and never seen again. This adverse to taking risk is unfortunately a big part of AMs DNA culture and whist accepting most managers have a bit of it AM has a

shed load.


Posted By: Coleshill Lamb
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 10:06am
somebody took a risk on AM when he was a young university student.Perhaps that strategy doesn't apply to him now.



Print Page | Close Window